Fun fact I learned from the AF guys yesterday: yellow dust, a seasonal dust that blows eastward over China, Korea, and Japan contains pollen, sand, and heavy metals. Most excellent. The heavy metals are mostly from China (from what I'm told). And not only do we get pollen, sand, and toxic awesomeness, but more respiratory issues are reported during yellow dust season.
In addition to an inhaler, I would also like to request someone to send over a hazmat suit for me. Thank you! Kamsamnida!
YIKES! Good post. It says a lot in its brevity. How's the asthma? And where are the heavy metals coming from? Is it like acid rain from...wherever acid rain comes from?
ReplyDeleteAsthma is still not fun. And the heavy metals are coming from the coal-burning plants (and many other places I'm sure). I guess it's the same idea as acid rain - just picking up the chemicals that are floating through the air and depositing them somewhere else.
ReplyDeleteKamsamnida?
ReplyDeleteMeans thank you :)
ReplyDeleteAh...I was wondering what that meant. I thought it was a big SAT word that I had never learned or something!
ReplyDeleteFirst thought was, "Heavy metals? Awesome! \m/"
ReplyDeleteNot so awesome... avoid the yellow dust!