(12/9) Lesson 79 - I need a flu mask or else I just might die.
So after about a week and a half of hacking, coughing, wheezing, and just being sick in general on and off for almost two months, I decided to go to the doctor again. This time I avoided the ENT doctor next door and went down the street instead. This guy sort of spoke English, which was nice. I just gave him a list of my symptoms and told him I think I have bronchitis; he takes notes, doesn't really ask any questions or take my temperature and says, "You have bronchitis." And then sends me on my way. Excellent. Now I have an epic amount of pills to take this week after each of my meals and none of them are antibiotics. We'll see how this plays out.
(12/12) Lesson 80 - Every once in a while one should deviate from the standard gingerbread house design.
(12/12) Lesson 80 - Every once in a while one should deviate from the standard gingerbread house design.
Gingerbread houses have been a Christmas tradition in my family for several years. This being my first Christmas away from home, I wanted to make the Christmas season a little more Christmasy by undertaking the massive amount of preparation required to host a gingerbread house party. I returned to the apartment on base where Taco Night occurred and prepped and baked for about 10 hours. Fewer people showed up than I expected and we had far more house pieces than we needed. So what happens when you don't want to waste precious gingerbread? Double decker houses, mansions, and a garrison.
The spread. We had everything from M&Ms and gumdrops, to Korean crackers.
Guerra working on his mansion. SpongeBob keeping a watchful eye.
Hard at work.
Holly was having some difficulty making her two-story house A) remain upright and B) stay together. Finally there was a solid first-floor.
Then all of the walls were secured and work began on the second floor.
Her husband abandoned her and she was left to build the house all by herself. After a little assistance from your truly, the roof stopped collapsing.
The Baldwin House.
Front yard detail. Holly said her house reminded her of Georgia in all its classiness.
Erin and Fyfe's quaint little abode.
Shannon and Winge's Korean cracker house.
Guerra's mansion.
Zack's garrison, complete with radar, moat, and a laser.
Once I finally got out of the kitchen and stopped making frosting, I made my own sprinkle-coated cottage and Christmas tree.
Cally, this is marvelous!! Congratulations on a wonderful, artistic party. I've never seen more beautiful houses. How on earth did you make the gingerbread. You must have helped your mom and Aunt Cary in the past. I could never have done it. Brava, again. Grandma
ReplyDelete