Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lesson 28

There is a plethora of teaching supplies buried in my classroom cabinet.


Well, it's more of a "Today I discovered..." post.

This Friday is Activity Day. Three classrooms will represent three different countries (Egypt, Germany, and Mexico) and we have to decorate the rooms, teach a little about each country, and then do an activity. Then the kids switch to a different room. I get off work at 4:30PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays and since I had a little extra time today, I thought it would be a good idea to start making the decorations for my classroom.


I went upstairs to the cabinet in my classroom to get the black, red, and yellow construction paper Jeena had left for me (guess which country I'm in charge of). There are two cabinets in my classroom. One is for Jeena, the other one is for me. Jeremy was supposed to have cleaned out his cabinet and desk before I took over the class, but he didn't get around to it. When I opened the cabinet, a bunch of papers fell out. I decided to go through everything in the cabinet and throw out stuff I didn't need and see if there was anything useful I could keep.


I found a whole bag of stuff for the Bears and Canada unit that Jeremy never told me about. He probably didn't even know about it himself because it was in a box, buried under old worksheets, yarn, more paper, binders, and a huge jar of Korean Play-Doh. Not only was there a bag for Bears and Canada, but bags for several other units as well. There were also posters, laminated cards, toys, and office supplies. My love for organizing and throwing things out does pay off from time to time. Too bad the Bears and Canada unit ends this week.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cally,
    I am so loving reading what you are learning! You are learning, and we are learning from you. It's wonderful!
    One question I had is why the date on your blog isn't the same as when it seems you are writing. E.g. today's Lesson 28, Friday it appears, the date is Tues., Sept. 22. Something set wrong on the blog publish date?
    Love you,
    Cary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet you did have fun cleaning out that cabinet! I can just see it. I cleaned out Cheryl's room today, just like you did with that cabinet. I found all sorts of fun surprises, like 30 euros and two iPods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am backdating the entries because I don't want to have to write one huge, long entry covering the days I've missed.

    Cheryl's room sounds like quite the treasure chest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you come home for vacation (?) I have an attic for you! Its treastures go back to 1950! G-ma

    ReplyDelete