And I thought the overnight bus driver in India was bad. The drivers in Korea must have practiced for their driver's license exam using bumper cars or playing Grand Theft Auto. The sidewalk is not a sidewalk; it is a smaller street. I think there's a speed limit, but people just like to haul ass. Red lights? What are those?
Side note: This is why I don't ride a bike in Korea... I will DIE.
If you're going to take the bus in Korea, don't do it unless you will be able to hold onto something tightly with both hands. If you only have one hand free, you might go flying. And the bus drivers love to speed, slam on their brakes, and cut people off.
Kristen and I took the bus to E-Mart this afternoon and we thought we were in the Korean version of Speed. The driver was a maniac, going faster than any other bus I've been on, and honking his horn constantly (something that isn't so common here). It was like a rollercoaster of death.
Needless to say, we got to E-Mart in record time.
This is a movie, I can just see it....
ReplyDeleteWhat are the statistics on traffic accidents and deaths? Do they have massive bus accidents like in India? Do they drive as CLOSE to other vehicles as in India? That was scary, but the drivers were impressive.
They don't pass each other with only an inch of space, but they slam on their brakes and floor the gas pedal and are generally reckless. They at least gave the impression of being aware of their surroundings in India.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete*edit*
ReplyDelete**Haha, I bet they just aren't as insane(ly gifted) as the drivers in China who drive with the LEAST amount of space possible while speeding while honking and cutting people off. lol.**
Hah. Yeah that's like India. I honestly feel safer in an autorickshaw than in a Korean taxi...
ReplyDelete