Monday, October 12, 2009

Lesson 48

You (usually) can't try on clothes when you go clothes shopping.

I went to Home Plus to return a webcam I bought that supposedly works with a Mac, but apparently doesn't. I don't think Mac-compatible webcams exist in Korea.

On my way out I saw a few shirts that looked nice, so I found a size I thought would fit me and I searched for a dressing room. After looking for a good five minutes I remembered something Holly had told me weeks ago: you can't try on clothes in most clothing stores. I had thought she was joking or exaggerating. Nope; she was being serious. But I took a chance anyway and bought the shirts, only to take them home and discover that they don't fit me. At least they have a great return policy here!

Another trend I've noticed here whilst shopping is the highly common "free size." It's one of those "one size fits all" type deals, and we all know that that's a complete lie. So if you're bigger than a size 4, B cup, or size 8 shoes you're going to have trouble shopping for wearable items in Korea. Pack accordingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment