It's been almost exactly one month since we moved out of our offices. Since then, I've been doing most of my lesson planning in my classroom - I am the only teacher without a classroom computer. Jeremy told me that two months before I arrived, his computer went on the fritz and Julia and David never got him a new one. I moved my office computer up to my classroom and things have been working out nicely for me. It's a little bit inconvenient to go down to the front desk every time I have to print something out, but at least I can work on my own computer.
The only downside is that now I don't have a computer for my office - I like it where it is. So while most of the other teachers were grumbling about moving all of their things around and unpacking their monitors and office supplies, I kept myself busy cleaning the desk and cabinet I will probably never use.
Julia told us yesterday that she would provide cleaning supplies for us. When we arrived this morning the cleaning supplies consisted of the face masks that Kristen asked for yesterday and a few dirty old rags. I volunteered to make a trip out to Home Plus with one of the TPs to get proper cleaning supplies since I didn't have any unpacking to do.
The only downside is that now I don't have a computer for my office - I like it where it is. So while most of the other teachers were grumbling about moving all of their things around and unpacking their monitors and office supplies, I kept myself busy cleaning the desk and cabinet I will probably never use.
Julia told us yesterday that she would provide cleaning supplies for us. When we arrived this morning the cleaning supplies consisted of the face masks that Kristen asked for yesterday and a few dirty old rags. I volunteered to make a trip out to Home Plus with one of the TPs to get proper cleaning supplies since I didn't have any unpacking to do.
As frustrating and inconvenient it was to be kicked out of our offices with little notice and no alternative arrangements, I'm kind of glad that it happened. If this had not happened. I would not have ...
... been able to greet my students when they arrive in the morning.
... experienced Miss Tonya's silly IKP class.
... sifted through the piles of papers in my office cabinet.
... had peace and quiet during my lunch break on Mondays.
... had a chance to talk with and get to know my TP, Jeena, so well.
Among other things.
Hi Cally! Your grandma gave me your blog link and I have been enjoying reading about your experiences. You have a great attitude. Send me your email so I can keep in touch. Lots of love, Judy (Wyman) (mine is jwykelly@gmail.com)
ReplyDeleteCally, Hi! Aren't you going to answer my post/comment?! I'm waiting with bated breath...Sounds like you are having fun over there.
ReplyDelete