I was sitting at my desk in my classroom during Tonya's IKP class. 2:00 rolls around and this loud siren goes off. I look up from my computer and see that Tonya has the same quizzical expression on her face. We go to the window - traffic has stopped completely.
Just as Tonya and I voice our confusion, Tara pokes her head into the classroom and says, "In case you're wondering, North Korea has not invaded. It's just a drill for the ROK air base in case there is an attack."
The siren continues until 2:05, then stops. I notice a man in uniform standing in the middle of the big intersection holding out a huge flag to signal traffic to stop. The cars remain at a stand-still until he put his flag away and waved traffic to resume at 2:15. Not only was it one of the stranger things I've seen here, it was also the quietest Suwon has ever been during the day.
I find this awesome
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like something out of a movie - kind of eerie - like The Day After Tomorrow in Korea...and you're waiting to see what's going to happen. Will Smith drops out of nowhere, into the interection, jumping over cars to get to the bad guys. OK, I'll stop there.
ReplyDeleteMom, I love your combination of the Day After Tomorrow and I Am Legend.
ReplyDelete