Even in Korea, Westerners still know how to celebrate Halloween.
After another day of cleaning the offices and disinfecting our classrooms, a few of the Maple Bear girls and I headed out to Now Bar, a Westerner bar in Yeongtong. Despite the fact that it's Halloween weekend, we didn't dress up - I was still debating my costume (though a friend gave me an excellent suggestion which I think I shall try out) and the girls weren't in the mood.
Around 10:30, Holly's husband, Chris showed up sporting a suit and a sleek, red tie. He also made a curl on his forehead with his hair. It took me a second, but then I realized the cleverness of his outfit.

Clark Kent
He was the first of many Westerners to come pouring into Now Bar in full costume. By 11:00 the bar was packed and there were only a handful of us losers in our normal clothing. Edward Scissorhands, Hulk Hogan, the Joker (of course), and Smurf and Smurfette were among the most elaborate costumes, though Venus and Serena Williams took the cake. These two guys had wigs (one with beaded braids), the full tennis outfit, rackets, and "implants" to top it off. I regret not bringing my camera that night.
After seeing the same stupid, repetitive costumes for four years in a row at college, it was refreshing to see so many people getting creative and going all out, especially in a country where Halloween isn't really celebrated!
Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment